Get The Relief You Need From TMJ/TMD
Designed to ease the pain temporomandibular joint dysfunction can cause, at Twin Dental in Edmonton, we know that TMJ/TMD treatment can bring relief to patients who experience pain, limited jaw mobility, inflammation, and more.
What’s involved with TMJ/TMD treatment?
Our team will begin with a thorough assessment of your mouth, which might include x-rays, a physical examination of your jaw and neck muscles, and/or digital images. Once a diagnosis is made, we'll develop a treatment plan that involves stabilizing and retraining your jaw muscles. This may involve bite plates or splints to support the joint, enabling it to heal. We may also suggest jaw-stretching exercises, relaxation techniques, physical therapy, medications, or intraoral appliances.
What are the benefits of TMJ/TMD treatment?
TMJ/TMD treatments can have a range of long-term benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of long-term jaw problems
- Improved jaw mobility and stability
- Pain relief from muscle spasms, headaches, and other TMJ/TMD symptoms
- Reduced risk of damage to the teeth or decay due to clenching/grinding
- Relief from tooth sensitivity and other dental issues.
Who is a good candidate for TMJ/TMD treatment?
Anyone who experiences jaw pain or difficulty with regular chewing, speaking, or opening and closing the mouth should consider TMJ/TMD treatment. In particular, individuals with symptoms such as lockjaw, chronic headaches, facial pain, earaches, clicking noises in the jaw, or difficulty opening or closing the mouth may want to consider a consultation with us to determine if they are a candidate for treatment.
Do you have questions or are you interested in learning more about how we may be able to help? Call Twin Dental today!
Contact Twin Dental About TMJ/TMD Treatment Today
- Relieve jaw and ear pain
- Improve your jaw mobility
- Protect your teeth from wear and tear
- Eliminate headaches & other symptoms caused by this condition
- Improve your overall quality of life!